Therapeutic Community Support Workers - Casual
DASA is seeking CASUAL Therapeutic Community Support Workers who will assist residential clients with day-to-day living skills and engagement in the rehabilitation program at Aranda House.
Casual Therapeutic Community Support Workers provide transportation for residents, record medication and resident notes, make appointments and assist residents to participate in therapeutic group sessions and community responsibilities such as meal preparation, household chores and gardening.
They are responsible for the high-quality support and delivery of care to clients undergoing recovery from substance misuse. This position also undertakes a variety of other duties to support the efficient and effective delivery of services in the support unit at DASA.
To be considered for this role applicants should meet the following work-related requirements:
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Community Services, or related field or substantial progress towards. Highly Desirable.
- Relevant industry experience and ability to undertake the range of activities as directed.
- The ability to converse with a diverse range of clients and fellow staff in a nonjudgmental and culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated understanding of the TC model and ability to respond to challenging behaviours exhibited by clients in a TC environment.
- Committed to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Excellent time management, organisational, computer, numeracy and literary skills.
- Applicants will be required to submit a drug and alcohol test prior to being considered for an interview.
- Applicants must have a current and valid driver's licence.
- Casual Employment is subject to having, or ability to obtain a National Police Clearance Certificate/Criminal History check and obtaining, or having the ability to obtain a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) NT.
- Applicants must have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, while fostering a harm minimization philosophy, taking into account the need for cultural considerations.
- Casual TC Support Worker positions involve working a mix of day, afternoon, evening, night and weekend shifts on a 24/7 roster, dependent on which shift requires coverage potentially at short notice.
- DASA is a Smoke Free Workplace
- All employees of DASA are regularly and randomly required to submit to Alcohol and Drug Testing via breath, urine and mouth swab analysis.
To apply, please submit an up to date resume, including two recent or current supervisory referees. A brief covering letter outlining your suitability to the requirements outlined above is also required.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com